The 68-Hour Medication Administration training program for unlicensed personnel is a Virginia Board of Nursing approved curriculum for individuals who want to work in assisted living facilities. Students are taught the basic knowledge and skills needed to perform medication administration safely and effectively. This program qualifies participants to take the State Registered Medication Aide Exam. The training will prepare an individual for a position as a Medication Aide.
WHAT DOES A MEDICATION AIDE DO?
This program prepares students to assist patients with self-administration of medications in ALF’s.
Classroom instruction: 36 hrs
Clinical instruction: 32 hrs
Program Length: 2 weeks (Daytime Program Only)
- Admission/Application see tuition and rates
- Valid Identification (passport, driver’s license, state ID)
- Social Security card
- Criminal Background check (provided by school)
- TB Test (PPD skin test or a negative chest X-ray) No older than 1 year is required (the school will provide PPD skin test for a fee)
- 2 Covid Vaccines (Moderna or Pfizer) or 1 Covid Vaccine (Johnson+Johnson)
The minimum requirement to enroll in the Medication Aide program is the completion of a Virginia Board of Nursing 120 Hour Nurse Aide Training Program or Approved 40 Hour Department of Social Services Direct Care Staff Training Program.
Similar to other growing healthcare professions, the demand for Medication Aides is expected to continue to grow substantially.
Medication Aide Day Program Class Schedule Click here for Charlottesville
Class: 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. | Monday – Friday
Clinical: 6:45 a.m. – 3:15 p.m. | Wednesday – Friday
|November 08, 2021||November 19, 2021|
|January 10, 2022||January 21, 2022|
|March 14, 2022||March 25, 2022|
|May 16, 2022||May 27, 2022|
|July 11, 2022||July 22, 2022|
|September 26, 2022||October 7, 2022|
|November 14, 2022||November 25, 2022|
|December 12, 2022||December 23, 2022|
Upon successful completion you will have the option to register for the:
- For the State of Virginia Board of Nursing- Registered Medication Aide Exam, for an additional fee (not included in the tuition).